Tuesday 15 October 2013

Wolf Alice // Blush Review



I apologise that this blog post could be far too biased in favour of Wolf Alice, as I can't honestly get over how amazing they are. Anyway....

Blush is Wolf Alice's debut EP and has come out just as they have finished touring the UK with Swim Deep. Wolf Alice had already seriously impressed me with their infectious singles Bros and Fluffy. The band has a different sound to most current bands, most likely because they have a female singer. The beautiful Ellie Rowsell's voice is, for me anyway, what makes Wolf Alice's songs so perfect. Her delicate voice sends shivers down my spine in their slower songs.

Blush has a great combination of slow songs that pick up. Fabulous lyrics, and each song sounds unique which sometimes seems difficult to achieve for some bands. Half the record makes me want to sit quietly and sway along and the other half makes me want to jump around and dance. I honestly can't wait to see them again, and I hope the SD tour gives them the recognition they truly deserve.

Favourite Song : Blush.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2013/oct/03/wolf-alice-blush-ep-stream

No comments:

Post a Comment